Here is some important information for participants. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Caroline Jordan.
The symposium will take place at St. Hugh’s College, University of Oxford.
St Margaret’s Rd
Oxford OX2 6LE
+44 1865 274900
St Hugh’s College is located to the north of central Oxford between Canterbury and St Margaret’s Roads, about 20 minutes’ walk from the centre of Oxford. The College Lodge is situated on St Margaret’s Road, Oxford OX2 6LE. A map of the site, and views of the front of the College can be found here.
Arrival by road
There are five Park and Rides operating around the Oxford ring road, which offer easy bus access to Oxford. Both Pear Tree Park and Ride and Water Eaton Park and Ride buses travel in to Oxford down the Banbury Road (get off at St Margaret’s Road). Alternatively, you can order a taxi from the Park-and-Ride car park.
Arrival by rail
Oxford Station is to the west of the city centre at the end of Park End Street. Regular InterCity trains running between Birmingham and London stop at Oxford station as well as regional trains. For up to date times and booking information visit The Trainline. It is advisable to book a seat because the services can be very busy at the beginning and end of terms.
Arrival by air
Both Heathrow and Gatwick airports are accessible from Oxford. An excellent bus service is available from Gatwick and Heathrow direct to Oxford. Birmingham International Airport provides an alternative and travel to Oxford from there is by rail.
There are regular 24 hour coach services between London and Oxford and both Heathrow and Gatwick airports. They run approximately every 20 minutes during the day and the journey is about 90 minutes. For more information visit The Oxford Tube and Oxford Bus Company sites.
Here is a list of hotels in case you plan to stay in Oxford:
- University Rooms Oxford (various locations in city centre)
- Rewley House Accommodation (located in the city centre, approx 20 minutes’ walk from St Hugh’s)
- Cotswold Lodge Hotel (approximately 20 minutes’ from the city centre, but only 5 minutes’ walk from St Hugh’s)
- Bath Place Hotel (located in the city centre, approx. 25 minutes’ walk from St Hugh’s)
- Royal Oxford Hotel (located near the city centre, very near the railway station, approx. 30 minutes’ walk from St Hugh’s)
- Holywell Bed and Breakfast (located in the city centre, approx. 25 minutes walk from St Hugh’s)
- YHA Oxford (located near the city centre, very near the railway station, approx. 30 minutes’ walk from St Hugh’s)